HAH/WSDA Small Capacity Grants
Note: The application period has closed for this round of funding. We will notify organizations of funding decisions on Friday, November 18th, 2022.
Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) and Harvest Against Hunger (HAH) are partnering to provide a second round of small-scale rebates for eligible equipment purchases and installation costs under $4,999.99.
To help address critical needs of Washington hunger relief organizations responding to COVID-19, WSDA Food Assistance (FA) is opening the Resiliency Grants Program with potentially over $16 million in grant funding to all eligible hunger relief organizations across the State – including those not currently contracted with Food Assistance (FA).
For more information about the WSDA Food Assistance Resiliency Grant program purpose and background, please visit the Resiliency Grants program page
The purpose of this small-scale rebate program is to assist with the purchase of small equipment that supports continued and/or expanded hunger relief service to the community.
Qualifications for Consideration for Round 2:
- Hunger relief organization not participating in WSDA Food Assistance Core Programs*
- Not previously funded through Resiliency Grant 2022-2023
- Location and/or predominant service area is rural and/or remote
- For a full list of program eligibility requirements, please see: https://agr.wa.gov/services/food-access/hunger-relief-resources/food-assistance-grants/resiliency-grants
Examples of eligible projects (this list is not exhaustive!):
- Glass door reach-in refrigerator (with or without installation) for enhanced food pantry shopping experience.
- Laptop to support collection of client feedback requesting food preferences and other guidance on an enhanced client experience.
- Shelving or racking system (with or without installation) for organization of shelf-stable and culturally appropriate foods.
- Pallet jack to support efficient and safe warehouse operations and processing of food donations.
Timeline (Round 2):
- Applications open now through 5:00 pm on November 11, 2022
- Notifications of award by November 18, 2022
- NOTE: Awards must be spent and items received by June 30, 2023 (no exceptions)
- Grants are awarded on a reimbursement basis. Reimbursement will be provided for eligible purchases made after project approval on November 18, 2022.
- Grant recipients should consider their financial capacity to pay project costs up-front. HAH will typically provide reimbursements within five business days of receiving receipts.
We’re asking programs to please report the legislative districts they serve. Click here to find your legislative district.
Past Capacity Rebate Sites
Blue symbols represent rebates provided from July 1, 2021 to June 20, 2022.
Green symbols represent rebates provided from July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
Brown symbols represent rebates provided from July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020.