We make connections to help get surplus produce to hungry people
As both a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation and a program of Rotary District 5030, Harvest Against Hunger works with farmers, truckers, volunteers and others to bring valuable skills and resources into hunger relief efforts in communities across Washington state and beyond.
Below are lists of information, including our Mission Statement, Strategic Objectives, information about our Board of Directors and staff, policies, and financial reports.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions regarding Harvest Against Hunger’s work, ongoing programs, partnerships or opportunities.
Big Picture: Mission, Vision, Strategies
- Increasing access to nutritious foods builds healthier communities
- Food loss and waste can be transformed into opportunities
- Collaboration strengthens the hunger relief system
- Ensuring equity of access to nutritious food across communities
- Healthy food is a human right
To help feed hungry people with surplus nutritious produce, we:
Connect farmers, transportation providers and food banks;
Develop and share innovative hunger relief solutions; and,
Engage the public in hunger relief.
Develop strategies and best practices for three key areas impacting hunger and food waste:
1) The future of farming
2) The future of transportation and trucking
3) The future of food waste
Support and expand advocacy for legislation that addresses hunger issues at the city, county and state levels.
Assess and evaluate organizational activities and the effects of those activities to help reduce hunger and food waste.
- HAH Board and staff are currently building a process for the organization to:
- Examine the items listed above
- Create a HAH Statement on Race Equity
- Develop an implementation plan for the HAH Statement on Race Equity
Our People: Board and Staff
Julie Shott – President
Adam Mihlstin – President Elect
Bob Olson – Secretary
Stan Kehl – Treasurer
Jim Tanasse – Immediate Past President
Devon Ahud – Member
Wendi Fischer – Member
Rebecca Jay – Member
Morris Kremen – Member
Mariah Kimpton – Member
Ram Dutt – Member
Cary Young – Member
Pam Romine – Member
David Siebert – Member
Dina Craemer – Member
Jemal Idris – Member
David Bobanick – Executive Director
Katy Boehm – Program and Administrative Director
Lori Church – Development Director
Maria Mendez-Francisco – Harvest VISTA Program Director
Sophie Keane – Harvest VISTA Team Leader
Aaron New – Harvest VISTA Team Leader
Maddie Price – Farm to Community Program Manager
Ellis Fahsholtz – Farm to Community VISTA